Exit festival is over!

And thank God for that.
One more day and my immune system would have completely shut down. But for me this festival was probably the best one in the last 5 years – all the fun and no fuss.

Exit is a music festival that started in Novi Sad in the year 2000. Since then it has grown to become the biggest event of that kind in the former Yugoslavia, and some say southeastern Europe. It takes place in the Petrovaradin fortress, a beautiful location on the Danube, just on the other side of Novi Sad city center.

I always attend, but this year was something special. The organization was best so far – no queuing, no big crowds, even on the main events. Also, around 50% of the visitors were from abroad, mostly UK, so this also gave it a great international flavor.
Performers I especial like were the N.E.R.D, Sham 69, Juliette and the licks and Tizzies, a small band of my friends that had it’s firs Exit show (I co/directed a lo-fi video for them, check it out on youtube). Between the main shows I chilled out on Reggae stage where dancefloor DJ and MC rocked all night long – this was a perfect combo for me.
I couldn’t attend the last day, so I missed The Sex Pistols and Hives, but so is life.

All in all, Exit festival didn’t let me down this year not one bit. I hope it will stay like this in the years to come, so you too can come and enjoy the good music vibes.

3 comments:

  1. hi Really liked the blog I travel all over eastern, Europe and hope to see Serbia Soon

    Many thanks for the info on the blog


    http://www.experienceserbia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Really liked the blog I travel all over eastern, Europe and hope to see Serbia Soon

    Many thanks for the info on the blog


    http://www.experienceserbia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, Daniel!

    I hope you will visit Serbia soon and have a fun and interesting experience. :)

    ReplyDelete